This Product Manager is a key position is focused on profitably growing a product portfolio by developing, implementing and driving marketing/business strategies and tactical action plans contributing to growth in market share and size. This key position
is focused on effectively utilizing ITW’s Toolbox of core business philosophies to manage the lifecycle of the product line, lead business growth initiatives and champion new product development. In addition to new product, it would be expected that the
Product Manager will collaborate with Marketing to develop lead generation tools, programs and campaigns and with Global Sales Teams to develop and support local growth strategies. The position must effectively utilize The ITW Business Model to lead business
growth initiatives as a champion for strategic Market Development, Market Segmentation, Product Positioning, and value-based Sales Strategies. Of course in all cases, this role is key in ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Manage a portfolio of products through the development, commercialization, growth, maintenance and obsolescence stages.
- Generate business development strategies based on market, product, and leading-edge technology opportunities. Demonstrating knowledge of customer requirements, industry trends, and competitive product positioning.
- Performs market research. Drives the analysis, conclusions, and strategic direction of market research findings, particularly in terms of end-user segmentation, new product development, pricing/positioning of product, channel to market, and promotional
- Develop knowledge and expertise on the market needs, technology developments, field sales information, and voice of customer (VOC) data.
- Ensure products are market priced throughout global sales channels
- Offer professional support and training to customers, distributors and sales team members via email, phone and in-person visits. Work closely with Lab and Sales globally to coordinate on-site training sessions. Assist in the creation and facilitation
of seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Build and maintain an innovation pipeline that supports Buehler’s business strategies.
- Generate Product Request Specifications (PRS) that define the market need, potential, and differentiation of the new product. Include business justification, product positioning, value proposition, risk assessment, and competitive analysis.
- Partner with engineering to champion new product development (NPD) projects through a stage gate process.
- Lead new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, designing market tests, promotional materials and sales channel training.
- Utilize ITW’s core enterprise principles to identify and allocate resources to maximize portfolio profitability and product performance.
- Analyze and communicate sales and earnings trends for given product lines through the use of dashboards and tracking reports. Use data driven information to develop product strategies and specifications
- Determine proper focus to ensure we do the most important things for the organization to increase growth, protect and grow the core consumables business and delight our customers. Requires evaluation and elimination of lower value functions and PLS to
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree (Material Science preferred). MBA is a plus.
- 5 years related work experience in a technology-based field and product portfolio. Previous experience with industrial or scientific or instrumentation equipment, materials or a related technical industry reqquired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead business growth initiatives and projects
- The ability to identify and understand market segmentation, to develop financial business justification, and deliver proposals to upper management.
- An aptitude to effectively communicate and champion product developments among a multi-functional, and international team.
- Capable of effectively managing priorities and time when provided multiple projects, of varying magnitude, with firm delivery dates.
- Up to 30% domestic or international travel.
- Previous experience in materials or technical industry is a plus.
- The ability to demonstrate product / train others is essential.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.