The Operations Manager is a key position responsible for all operations functions: Assembly, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Warehousing, Quality and Facilities Maintenance. Performance is measured by this person’s ability to motivate and inspire
a highly effective team to execute against annual goals that are derived from year-on-year continuous improvement. Key performance indicators include customer facing metrics such as on-time-delivery, quality and lead time to financial metrics such as months
on hand, slow and obsolete inventory and conversion costs. This position must effectively utilize The ITW Toolbox of core business philosophies to drive improvement and have strong alignment with the ITW values of integrity, trust, simplicity and shared risk.
Buehler is seeking a driven, action-orientated leader that will execute in the short-term to deliver step-change improvements in product quality, lead times and delivery. Long term operations optimization demonstrating continuous improvement for other
customer facing metrics, inventory metrics, efficiency and cost savings for a dynamic, growing business are needed. To this end, the manager must develop a highly engaged team but must also be willing, able and experienced enough to take personal action when
necessary. Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Deliver against annual and long term Operational Excellence goals by developing strategies and project plans to drive cost savings, continuous process improvements, strategic sourcing results, and customer facing metrics that align with the division’s growth
- Develop and maintain the highest level of ITW Toolbox knowledge and experience within the Operations Team through quarterly project planning, execution and measurable improvements, train-the-trainer activities and performance recognition.
- Annual financial planning, analysis and performance; responsible for delivering against revenue and costs that support of division P&L.
- Perform short and long-term resource and capacity planning to ensure Buehler can meet current and future sales and operating obligations.
- Collaborate with global leadership team to drive continuous improvement in customer facing metrics that continue to ensure a highest level of quality, customer satisfaction and competitive differentiation.
- Committed to developing a collaborative team environment and culture of employee engagement.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff, taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis in accordance with company policies.
- Actively participate in New Product Development teams and provide leadership and sign-off in every phase; early phases to provide “voice of operations” feedback and later phases to ensure flawless execution from development to delivery.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work collaboratively with global warehouse and manufacturing sites to ensure needs of global customers are met or exceeded; often take a leading role to coordinate and report global operations results and performance.
- Highest level of commitment to employee and workplace safety and commitment to risk prevention and elimination.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Field, Engineering preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience in assembly and/or manufacturing operations; low volume assembly operations experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ management experience of varying responsibilities including managers and experienced professional staff (may also manage front line supervisors) within operations organization.
- Experiences working in a global environment
- Experience managing a plant budget and P&L and driving financial improvements.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent and project manager who can develop strategy and then drive execution through to completion with measurable impact.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Passion for developing a culture of employee engagement that aligns company values and strives to meet or exceed division commitments to safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travel required is 20% to global and other ITW locations.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.