Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 75 years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North
America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2012, ITW is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide
platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This key position is focused on the overall administration and coordination of Human Resources and office support.
This role requires resourcefulness, excellent communication and leadership capabilities.
- Provides administrative support to the VP/GM and Senior Leadership Team with setting up calendars, coordinate and set-up meetings (i.e. equipment, refreshments, make all travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, alert travelers of changes and make alternate
arrangements if necessary).
- Manage and assist employees with all visa and passport related issues related to company travel.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining company office supplies, meeting supplies, meeting luncheons, copies of presentations and conference rooms’ reservations, business cards, and name plates.
- Maintain and manage Concur Expense System (US and assist with International) .
- Process any incoming invoices from company used vendors.
- Provide administrative support for the Human Resources Department with recruitment process. (i.e. coordinating onsite interviews, sending candidate schedules, conduct background checks and coordinate drug tests for new hires, and facilitate new hire orientation).
- Prepare promotional/transfer/confirmation letters and send out respective communication announcements.
- Create and maintain job descriptions; create and maintain HR templates.
- Manage employee enrollment for All About Buehler Class.
- Assist and participate in the delivery of team building events.
- Be an active participant on the Safety Committee
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
- Arrange quarterly employee recognition program, service awards, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Requires 3-5 years of relevant experience or Associate degree in related field or equivalent.
- Desire to move into a full-time Human Resources role.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is considered a plus.
- Must be able to handle company confidential information is a professional and discreet manner.
- Experience in one or more HRIS.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and deadline driven.
- Knowledge of Visio.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Office.
- The ability to think logically and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, well developed verbal and written communication skills, and able to multi-task.
- Customer service oriented.
- On-site presence is required.
- This position is a part-time job working Monday through Friday (more than 20 hours per week but less than 40 hours).
- Great Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) Match)
- Great HR Department that organizes (food trucks, ice cream trucks, summer bags & volleyball tournaments, and company sponsored volunteer days)
- Jeans permitted Monday through Friday
- Corporate discount programs offering discounts and free museum passes
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.