Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 75 years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North
America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2012, ITW is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide
platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
As a Senior Global Trade Analyst supporting the Global Logistics and Trade Compliance programs of Buehler’s operations, typical duties associated with this position might include the following:
- Interact with warehouse, operations, purchasing, and customer service to prioritize and coordinate timely shipment of orders.
- Transact shipment of orders in ERP system and ancillary systems.
- Provide and/or create all required documents for domestic and international shipments.
- Check all import/export documents for accuracy and completeness. Resolve information gaps as needed.
- Schedule pickup and shipment of cargo with Logistics service providers and customs brokers.
- Monitor and coordinate resolution of inbound or outbound shipments delays associated with missing documents, trade data, INCO Terms, and discrepancies.
- Provide documents required for Letters of Credit.
- Provide documents required for transport of dangerous goods.
- Identify, communicate, and participate in system and process improvements.
- Follow-up with service providers in a timely manner to maintain all import and export records to meet Buehler/ITW documentation retention requirements.
- Provide guidance and training to business personnel with international trade and logistics questions and issues.
- Review US import/export data and aspects of transactions to identify trends, risks and opportunities. Work Buehler/ITW and service providers to strengthen compliant activities.
- program identifying benefits to businesses and providers.
Required Skills and Experience:
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on Supply Chain or International Trade and/or 10+ years of global logistics and Trade Compliance experience.
- Knowledge of US import and Export regulations
- Familiarity with “Best Practices” for International logistics
- Certified in transportation of hazardous materials
- ERP system experience, Microsoft Dynamics experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with import/export documentation best practices and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification and Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN).
- Mining, manipulating and analyzing import/export data in Excel, Power BI and/or Access
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- You are motivated and driven. You sign up for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly intend to make a difference.
- You enjoy problem solving. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. If you don´t know the answer, you will dig until you find it.
- You like to collaborate with people. You get a kick out of helping your internal customers. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure. Explaining something new makes you feel good.
- You pay attention to details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new technology and applications, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you are comfortable communicating in writing, on the phone and in front of an audience.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.