This key position provides Manufacturing Quality Engineering support to ensure delivery of highest quality parts and products to the end customer. Development, implementation, and maintenance of incoming quality specifications, supplier quality maintenance
programs and design for manufacturing. This position will also work closely with New Product Development and Production to support alpha, beta and production launches and serve as champion of First Article Review process.
Verification and Validation:
- Review of engineering drawings for critical dimensions and tolerance
- Lead design for manufacturability reviews
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop Acceptance Quality Criteria
Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs):
- Support the division efforts to establish, implement and maintain a system for supplier certification and performance measurement
- Apply metrology methods to the analysis of quality parameters for both control and improvement of suppliers’ processes
- Conduct periodic surveys of supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of the systems and processes
- Ensure supplier understanding of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and Buehler specifications.
- Provide validation support by applying manufacturing quality tools including, but not limited to: FMEA, control plans and process verification and validation plans
- Participate in supplier qualification and transferring new products from R&D (design transfer) into production
Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA):
- Develop and champion First Article review process for all new parts and subassemblies
- Performs and documents root-cause investigations related to product and components rejections
- Formulate corrective and preventive actions, implementing those actions to improve quality
- Work with production and engineering to lead efforts to resolve issues that involve quality system gaps, production non-conformances or situations that involve component qualification or procurement
- Actively participate in 8D Root Cause investigations while partnering with suppliers to improve overall part quality and adherence to design specifications
- BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' quality management including developing supplier specifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferably assembly and design of fabricated parts
- Advanced knowledge and use of 3D Solid Modeling (CAD)
- Familiarity with use of mechanical and electrical test equipment
- Must be detail orientated, well organized and have excellent communication skills, and work well with team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Must have a solid understanding of statistical processes and techniques
- Must be detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 401k with match, health and dental insurance
- Fun company culture (food trucks, ice cream trucks, summer bags & volleyball tournaments, ping-pong, and company sponsored volunteer days)
- Good coffee (life's too short for cheap coffee, right?)
- Training and conferences to keep you on the bleeding edge of your discipline
- Engineering bacon days (seriously. we cook bacon and eat it)
- Casual Fridays
- Corporate discount program offering discounts and free museum passes
- Unlimited high fives (available upon request)
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.