This key position is responsible for fitting and assembling electromechanical equipment and machines, including testing and adjusting completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements. The Electromechanical
Equipment Assembler job function is to assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools. Electro-mechanical assemblers combine knowledge of mechanical technology with knowledge
of electrical and electronic circuits.
- Assembles, tests, and repairs precision electromechanical parts, assemblies, and equipment, such as gyros, servomechanisms, electronic instruments, radar, and missile controls, according to blueprints, diagrams, and specifications, using hand tools, power
tools, precision instruments, and test equipment: Reads blueprints, schematics, and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations.
- Examines parts for surface defects.
- Aligns, fits, and assembles component parts into completed units, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and templates.
- Verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Solders and bolts electrical and electronic components in specified location on assembly.
- Tests functional performance of completed electromechanical assemblies, using test equipment.
- Repairs, reworks, and calibrates assemblies to meet operational tolerances.
- May fabricate parts, using shop equipment
- Work within a team environment to execute weekly production schedules that are measured for efficiency.
- Demonstrate high level of competency on at least four of their primary machines.
- Collect all materials within the warehouse that are necessary for completion of assigned tasks.
- Prepare all required packing materials and machine components shown on the bill of materials to ensure secure transport.
- Provide instruction/training for others on equipment and how to manage associated documentation.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on primary equipment.
- Function well within the team. Examples; Participate in scheduling; Provide information for safety reports, Track information for ISO reports, Offer status updates during team meetings.
- Accept responsibility for all housekeeping protocols and reporting any inventory concerns to supervisor.
- Associate’s degree or postsecondary technical certificates required
- One to three years of mechanical or electrical assembly where troubleshooting was required.
- Demonstrated Mechanical Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Computers and Electronics Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Strong attention to detail regarding inspection of components and assembly of machines.
- Basic understanding of required gages and measuring devices, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, Hi Pot testers & multi-meters.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.